7.27.2003

Another beautiful day.. and where am I? Stuck in a computer lab at ECIAD =b One good thing about that is that I'm on Granville Island.. I can't wait for lunch! ;) :D

I was talking to my Job Search Counsellor the other day about the things you need to do now in order to find a job in today's market. Gone are the days when you'd apply to a job posting in a newspaper and wait for a call. You have to be really pro-active -- research market trends, read a number of publications about businesses in vancouver, learn to draw information from articles, networking, etc. It's literally a full-time job in itself. What about results? Will I find a job this way? There really is no guarantee. And I'm thinking, theres no guarantee for anything in life, is there? You could put all your energy into one thing and there's no guarantee that it'll work for you -- there's no guarantee that there'll be a payoff.

So why do we do it? Is it for the chance that things will work out? that there WILL be a payoff? Life is full of opportunities and I think taking jumps, leaps, and risks is a big part of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home