3.15.2004

half full or half empty?

i was talking to a friend the other day about how i've found myself becoming more and more of a pessimist when things are uncertain in my life. the thing is, i don't think of it as being a pessimist. I just don't want to be disappointed or upset if things don't turn out all rosy.

i mean its only natural to protect yourself, right? especially since there have been a number of experiences where i've let other people hurt me. but because of being hurt and burned so many times, i'm finding that i'm closing myself to people who are close to me and who care about me. i think twice about sharing my thoughts, opinions, ideas... i dont want to let things bother me... but for some reason i think i'm becoming a hard and cold person -- afraid of what might happen next.

i'm not a lost cause yet :b. i am trying to open up to the people who are the closest to me. its just so hard to find that fine line, you know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home