10.06.2004

what a freak

so this guy called me last night out of the blue... apparently i met him at a social event early this summer and gave him my business card. it was a little weird, but i do recall speaking with him briefly while making my way through the crowd. he sounded so friendly -- asking me how my day went and making good conversation. all the while i'm thinking, "what the heck does this guy want?" so he kept chatting away, but i just had to ask...

me: so whats up?
PC: oh i wanted to ask you if you're busy Thursday night...
me: Thursday? well, it depends what time. i skate every Thursday night.
PC: figure skating?! really?! wow, thats cool.
me: ...
PC: well, Thursday night my company is holding a financial planning and concepts seminar that i thought you might be interested in...


and i just groaned inside.. this guy was trying to sell me his company's finance seminar!!!! what a FREAK. do i look that STUPID?

so i told him that i already have a finance advisor that i LOVE and trust with my financial affairs...

PC: but if you're busy Thursday, we have another one this Saturday at 2:30pm...


... and i realized he wasn't even listening to me. :P

you know, i'd be ok with this sort of thing if we had met at a business networking event and/or if we had talked about his company and i had shown an interest. but we met at a SOCIAL event.. and believe me, it was VERY social. he asked for my business card so we exchanged cards. oh well...

so anyways, i sat down this morning at my computer and guess what.. there's an email from Mr. SalesGuy (PC) himself, describing how wonderful his seminars are and what they would entail.

greaT.
thanks buD.

5 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger Ben said...

You should sell him something back.

"Thursday? Oh, I'm busy, but how about Friday night? We can go out for a drink or something, and then head over to my friend's place -- she's holding a little party and she's going to show us some of her latest skin care products. I think it will really be fun! Why don't you join us? We can go through the various types of toner and moisturizers and then maybe she can help you with your complexion problems!"

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

Benny is BACK! I feel like being funny again! Yeah!

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

hahaha or how about inviting him to a candle party .. hahaha

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Ben said...

What's a candle party? Sounds like a boring, waxy evening of aromatherapy and seances.

 
At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

its a sensual party, involving candles and hot wax... ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home