7.28.2006

"Thank you"

Yep.

"Yep"? what kind of an answer is that to a "Thank you."? Isn't the proper response, "You're welcome", or how about "Don't worry about it", "No problem", or "My pleasure"?

when someone answers "Yep", or "Mm-hmm" it sounds as if they are admitting to themselves and to you that they are better than you. that they are all-knowing, elitist, and they portray the image that you're somehow not worthy of their presence or of whatever they helped you with, for you to say "Thank you" for.

does anyone feel the same? i know i've asked one person about this before and he admitted that he felt the same way and that he would "NEVER" say that, but then today I said, "Thank you" to him and guess what his reply was,

Yep.

1 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger Ben said...

I know what you mean, but I only noticed it during my move to the USA. In Canada, the phrase "you're welcome" seems a lot more prevalent than in the USA. But now, I'm used to it, even though I still don't really use it. Much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home