8.09.2007

HK Immigration -- not quite all there

My adventure started with a trip to Immigration yesterday. You see, when I landed in HK, the immigration officer made a mistake and did not stamp my visa, but stamped my passport with a Visitor's stamp. I didn't notice as I had opened my passport to the page where my visa was and handed it to him. I assumed he saw it and had stamped it as he was supposed to. So I grabbed my passport and headed out of that area.

When RC took a look at my passport, he noticed the mistake. So I went to Immigration in Wan Chai to see if anything can be done to change my status to the working visa status, and to apply for my HKID. After going up to the 8th floor and then sent back to the 2nd floor, I was told that I'd have to leave HK to Macau, for example, and get Immigration to stamp my passport correctly, validating my working visa.

How retarded is that?! Apparently there's no department within Immigration to amend a status. So now I have to fix someone else's mistake... sigh

Well, I guess I should have double-checked my passport... I didn't think the officer would have made a mistake :(

So, now I'm going on my first mini-trip to Macau on Saturday! :b Let's hope the typhoon will have passed Macau by then as I have to take a ferry there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home