8.08.2007

My new adventure

Well, I'M HERE!

I got into HKIA at 6am -- an hour earlier than my scheduled arrival time. A wave of panic swept over me when I realized I was going to be waiting for 20 minutes for my pickup to get there. All I could hear was my mom's story about how Grandma's bag was stolen at the airport. So I hung onto my purse and computer for dear life and looked at everyone with suspicion :b

It was then and there that I realized that I didn't have a return ticket home this time. This was a one way trip. I was going to live and work in Hong Kong. I just hope I don't turn out to be another rude Honger :b

I was so sad getting on the plane at YYZ. It was hard saying goodbye to mom and dad at the gate. I literally wanted to turn around and head home, but I knew I had a job to go to and I couldn't delay it any longer. I just hope and pray that my mom and dad stay healthy and take care of themselves until I am permanently in Canada. Then I can keep an eye on them everyday. I miss my mom and dad so much. I've gotten so close to them throughout the years I have been away. My brother has no idea how lucky he is to be living at home. I just wish he would appreciate them more -- take care of them more -- and spend time with them as much as possible. Maybe one day... when he's left home, will he appreciate them.

I cried on the plane as it took off and I broke down again while we were flying over the ocean. I feel bad for leaving home and being away from home for so long. I have to do well so that I can take good care of them and give them everything they want.

It was a good week in Toronto. I spent a lot of time with Dad dancing most of the days, talking till 4 am with Mom on some nights. I took Mom to the spa and she had her first pedicure! :D I think she enjoyed herself. She was watching the estetician the entire time, trying to learn a thing or two :b

I had such a good time spending it with my parents. I just wished I had some one-on-one time with my brother too. That would have made my trip even better. Maybe next time.

The week went by so fast. And now I'm here -- in stinky, humid, cockroach-infested, polluted, Hong Kong :b

WHAT AM I DOING HERE?! ;)

3 Comments:

At 1:01 AM, Blogger Master Bull said...

My flat is not stinky and humid! I won't comment on the cockroach part though.

Purse snatching and pick-pocketing is a bit overrated here.

The only thing that will get stolen is your heart.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Momcy said...

Just keep yourself safe from harms way. Look both way before you cross the streets. Hong Kong drivers are unpredicable. Do not eat from the street vendors. You don't want to catch TB! Beware of people that are very smooth, they might be "cunning".

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Momcy said...

You just made Dad and I cried!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home