8.13.2007

My first day :D

...was great! :)

I had a bit of orientation in the morning with HR, then my "buddy" gave me a tour of the department and introduced me to everyone. Of course there's NO way I am going to remember everyone's names :b nevermind find the washroom by myself ;)

They didn't have my desk setup for me so I sat with the freelance/contractors and interns today and will probably sit with them for the week until I can move into my new desk.

My laptop will be ready in the next couple of days. Email is set up but I can't access it without my laptop :b I filled out a few forms for a corporate credit card, business cards, bank information (for salary deposit), and other HR stuff.

Everyone seems to be nice... let's just hope it stays that way :b

Apparently orientation will last about 20 hours (!) so I'll be soaking information for the first week or so...

The design department is staffed with two kitchen staff who make coffee and tea for us on demand. They also walk around the office clearing dishes and pouring water or refilling our mugs with whatever we ask for. It's like working with wait staff :b

We have a nice little lounge area with magazines and design books... the washrooms are immaculate! and we have a beautiful rooftop deck to soak up the sun and eat lunch on nice days.

I'll have to take some pictures of the building and of the view when I get a chance and post them :)

Ok, so I'm a little tired even though I didn't do anything today but surf the intranet and try to soak up branding guidelines. So I'm heading to bed... more tomorrow :)

4 Comments:

At 6:18 AM, Blogger Momcy said...

You should ask for your own office. Ha Ha!

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck with the new gig!

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Master Bull said...

So are you going to give us an update?

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

Sorry.. been majorly busy and trying to get into a routine. Will update in the next week or so coz i got lots to report!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home