6.23.2007

no longer a visitor

i was helping RC at Tourism Vancouver the other day, during my lunch break. we were looking for information about salmon fishing, whale watching, and other touristy things to do in Van for his cousin.

it was then that i realized i'm really a local and no longer a visitor. i still remember the day i flew into Vancouver. my aunt and uncle, who i hadn't seen since i was a baby, came to the airport to pick me up. i was nervous, scared, and excited all at the same time. i only knew a few shads here. i think i had like a week or something before school would start and i didn't even know how to get my a&& up there.

i did get to see a lot of BC... Stanley Park, Lynn Canyon (my favourite hiking place), QE Park, Victoria, Whistler, Pemberton, Kelowna, Squamish, Capilano Suspension Bridge, etc.

so anyways, back to the whole thing about me feeling like a local... talking to the lady behind the counter at Tourism Vancouver made me realize that there is SO much to do that i haven't done before.

i would love to go zip-trekking, whale watching, charter fishing (yes i actually wouldn't mind going fishing... my dad used to take us fishing all the time!)... it'd be cool to do at least once.

one day :)

1 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Blogger Master Bull said...

Someday I'll take you ziptrekking...or we'll start one up in Hong Kong and makes millions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home