9.28.2010

Japan - Day 2 - ______, Chiba and on the way to Izu islands

September 20, 2010

Today we met up with a few of B先生's friends and went to an old Edo-period town in Chiba. We ended up getting dressed in old Edo-period kimono (I was a Maiko-san and B先生 was dressed as some samurai warlord! We walked around the Edo-period town for close to an hour, getting our pictures taken and trying not to sweat too much in all the layers of clothing. I wore these majorly cool 下駄 (picture to come!) with a 4 inch height increase. It made it really difficult to walk up the stone steps to some of the older buildings on the premises.

After romping around in our cool get-up, we picked up our framed picture and headed back to Kashiwa. I hurriedly showered and packed last minute stuff and headed out to the station to take my train to Hamamatsu-cho to catch the 東海汽船 boat to 御蔵島.

I slept for about 4 hours in and out in a cabin with 4 bunkbeds. Luckily nobody was booked in that cabin as well so I had the whole cabin to myself :) I got up about 15 minutes before 6pm, thinking that I had 15 minutes at least to wash my face and brush my teeth. Little did I know that we made great time on the water and I almost MISSED my stop! Luckily the guy who was coming around to make the beds saw me and told me to hurry my a&& as everyone for my stop was already off the boat!

I rushed out of my cabin and was the last person to get off the boat... man that would have been bad if I had missed the stop!

2 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger Momcy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger Momcy said...

Now you know why I worry so much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home