1.18.2005

the guy at the gym AGAIN...

...yes you guessed it. he was there again...

T: oh hey... another crazy workout?
me: uh, yah...
T: do you mind if i take a look?
me: um sure [trying to look like i'm concentrating hard and continuing with my reps]
T: looks difficult! do you use that thing {bosu ball} for all your exercises?
me: no.
T: ok well i won't bother you...
me: k, thanks.


and he casually plants himself on the one machine closest to the free weights area i was occupying... argh.

5 minutes later i'm at the roman chair and he walks straight towards the ab machine next to me and stands there. i try to ignore him but once my set was done, he started talking to me again...

T: oh how much longer are you here for?
me: uh until 9:30.
T: oh another half an hour!
me: [smile and walk away]


i hope i'm not being mean, but everytime he talks to me i just give him curt and short answers... hoping he'll get the message.

but i guess not cause another 5 minutes pass and he appears out of nowhere right next to the back extension machine AGAIN...

T: ugh, i'm done! your workout looks hard! i think i'll stick to karate.
me: ok. bye.


and he looked surprised and taken aback that i didnt ask him about his karate or was impressed with the fact that he does karate. just the way he said it, he was hoping i would carry the conversation about karate and be wow'd by it.

sorry bud -- that doesn't cut it.

4 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

Just do your exercises and leave. Don't pay attention to him but always be polite!

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So ... you're saying his approach ... doesn't work?
[crosses off list of "pickups to try out"]

 
At 3:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But I watch you all the time and you seem alright with it!

Oh...wait. That's cuz you don't know I'm watching you. From the shadows. In that brightly lit gym.

heehee. :)
Lammer

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Naomi said...

Hehehe... :D (Clicking away at my brother's links...)

That's hilarious. I'll bet that guy is just racking his brain trying to think of how else to impress you, find out your other interests, or see if you have mutual friends. Poor sucker who thinks he can pick up a gal at the gym. One who's out of his league, no less. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home