1.16.2006

new year's resolution 1 -- go to the gym

so i've been hearing quite a few people in the last week or so since i've been back in the 604, talking about their New Year's Resolutions. and it got me thinking, what sort of things would be on my list? shop more? spend less? no, that doesn't work.

what about everyone's vow to go to the gym? i'm thinking, do they even have a good reason to go to the gym? so i ask a couple of my friends, and i got a lot of humming and hawing, "Hmm I guess I need to lose some of that Christmas weight.", or "Umm well.. my buddies are going, so I thought it might be a good idea to join them...".

and then i have friends who already have a gym membership, going in hopes that they will lose some weight but are perplexed as to why they haven't lost any, "yah.. I go but it doesn't seem to be working...", they say as they munch on a bag of chips. :b

heading to the gym in hopes that it'll work miracles on your body is ridiculous. there are so many other things that are major factors in getting the results you are looking for -- whether that be to lose weight, to tone, or to bulk up. knowing how to train, eating the right food, getting enough sleep, and minimizing stress, are all BIG factors to consider.

but not everyone's answer is the gym. a couple of my friends only use the gym or do tai chi to supplement their other main activities, like volleyball or hockey. they are in the best shape, no gut, and toned muscles but don't rely on the gym to give them all of that.

its all good for me to say, but i'm in the same boat as a lot of people out there -- i gotta work on all of that and unfortunately it doesnt happen overnight :(

i think i'll create a couple of milestones to reach throughout the year... and see how far i get :b

1 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

Do what I did: "Park the bike in front of the TV, sit on the bike and eat ice cream!" Yeah! One for Momcy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home