8.22.2003

To be a princess...

I wonder what its really like to be treated "like a princess". Ok, so what do I mean by being treated "like a princess"? Is it all about having the door opened for you? Is it having someone lend a jacket to you when you're cold? Or is it more about having someone at your beck and call? Or about having someone spoil you with material things? I think I like the first 2 better. The last 2 sounds more like a bad, evil princess. =b

Maybe its more about being considerate. I'll open the door for anyone (guy or girl) who is walking up behind me, just 'cause I'm there and it doesnt take too much effort or time out of my day. I'll lend my girlfriend my jacket if she was feeling cold too. It's not really about being treated "like a princess" now, is it? It's more about thinking about the other person, right?

But I guess there are limits... and there are many definitions when it comes to being considerate. What one person finds considerate, another person might not. Is it more a cultural thing? Or more a learned thing? What we see on TV and other types of media -- does it influence and shape our definition of what is considerate?

So, give me examples/scenarios of what you think being considerate is about...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home