10.04.2003

My core...

I was asked a question the other day about who I am. And the person made a statement that we are who we are based primarily on our core beliefs about ourselves, our attitudes, what we believe is important to us, etc.

I didnt really wrap my head around this one, but today I think I understand a little bit better. If you believe in something, its part of you, as a person, right? But what if someone tells you that they believe something different than you on the same topic? There's no right or wrong, is there... Its just 2 people with 2 different perceptions and beliefs. What's hard for me sometimes is to understand the other person's belief because my own belief is so engrained in me as a person.

I can be pig-headed and just walk off believing what I believe is right. Or I can try to come to a compromise with that person. But I dont think that works unless BOTH people want to come to a compromise, right? It does take "two to tango", am I right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home