2.12.2006

dancing with the... stars?

i had my first private ballroom dancing lesson this weekend :) my teacher is, i guess you could say, a star in the dancing world -- 2004 Canadian Professional American Smooth Champion, Croatian Amateur 10-Dance Champion, 6 time Croatian Amateur Latin Vice-Champion, 2 time Croatian Amateur Standard Champion. he's trained in International style Latin and Standard, and in American Smooth style.

that probably doesn't mean much to you and, to be honest, it doesn't mean much to me either :b until i am more exposed to the dancing world. i'd really like to see how far i can get with dancing on the floor (rather than on ice)... yep, i can't settle for anything short of competing, of course :b

so far, its ok -- my first lesson covered a lot of technique and little things that judges are picky about, in Cha-Cha and the Waltz -- all of it i'm used to since my dance coaches have always emphasized technique first and then put the entire dance together. he covered a lot, and of course, i have homework (cuban rock, which is similar to the cuban hip movement in salsa, extension of the legs for cha-cha and rumba, work on making my frame consistent, and reaching my steps for the waltz) which i should do everyday until i see him again next weekend :D

the dance studio has dances every weekend but he's forbidden me to go since he doesn't want me to develop any bad habits that he has to work me out of :b

so i need a dance partner! anyone out there wanna try ballroom? :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home