1.23.2007

don't piss me off

someone royally pissed me off by offending me tonite.

i've been away from home since i was 19. i had to deal with all my ups (new jobs) and downs (2 layoffs), and the good (friends who've become family) and the bad (P&VA relationships, 20 stitches and chronic pain from a serious car accident, no place to live in a foreign country, no job at 2 weeks prior to the government kicking me out of the country, moving residences 16 times, 2 floods, 1 smoke incident).

i know what its like to be at the bottom of the pile. i've worked my ass off to get my head above water time and time again. i know what its like to tread water -- i've been doing it for the past 10 years.

tonite, someone made a judgement based on my reaction to nerves. he literally accused me of wanting to give up, or not wanting something bad enough to work for it.

i have worked so DAMN hard with no family or relatives to help me out. all i know is hard work.

i said one thing that was opposite of my intentions, but it was just a reaction to nerves. he literally thought i meant it. i'm upset -- not at him (ok maybe i was, but not anymore). i'm upset not only because he assumed that i wanted to give up, but because it made me realize that he doesn't know me well enough to know it was just a reaction and nothing more.

this is something i hold close to my heart. to fight so long and then have someone make an assumption based on one thing i said, really hurt me...

2 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an insensitive ******* =P

Hey chica, where've you been? Blog more!

 
At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've learned, over the years being with my wife, not to take some of the extreme things she says to heart. Especially when she's particularly upset or PMSing. I listen, of course, but I don't necessarily take everything that's said in the heat of the moment personally.

Maybe this person needs to learn the same about you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home