7.06.2008

FINALLY! A gym I can call my own... :D

So many of you already know that I've been trying to get myself back into a gym routine with the gym at the office. Not only is it 1 hour mini-bus and train ride home at night, I have to bring my own fit ball and my own Bosu to and from the office across the road and onto the elevator to the 6th floor so I can do my core exercises.

Even with these inconveniences, I thought I'd have enough willpower to drag my sorry butt 3-4 days a week.

Well, for those of you who have been making bets against me, you've won.

I think on average I was going once every 2 weeks... ugh.. yah I know -- thats not bad, thats REALLY bad.

So I said, enough of this. I heard of a gym nearby that was pretty inexpensive (DC works out there as well), so I decided to drop in and take a look.

It was empty. Probably 'cause I walked in at like 10 minutes to midnite on a Saturday to check it out. P, the sales dude, and his friend, gave me a tour. There's a spinning room with bikes, a boxing ring, an open area of machines and cardio equipment, then another area with more cardio equipment and tvs, then downstairs is the 'big boys' gym with free weights and some machines as well. I was happy to see 3 Bosus, 6 fit balls, and a separate area for stretching!

People who workout in the big boys gym don't necessarily understand gym etiquette, so to be honest, that bugs me a bit, but oh well -- beggars can't be choosers.

I've gone 3 times already. Started just last Sunday. I'll be going again tomorrow and will be doing 2 on - 1 off, to average 4-5 times a week.

YaY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home