5.11.2006

karma

i was at the bank today to make a withdrawal. the instant tellers were really busy and there was no line up at the live tellers, so instead of waiting in line to make a transaction with a machine, i thought i'd seek out some more personable assistance.

i had a cheque to deposit and i wanted to withdraw money at the same time. i watched her work as she checked my ID and did the necessary paperwork. she went to the cash machine to get the cash for me and while she was counting the money in front of me, i noticed she had given me $100 more than what i asked for.

me: um... that's $100 too much...
bank teller: oh!

she exclaimed as she checked her notes and realized she had taken out $100 more than what I had asked for.

oh thank you so much for telling me! i would have had to stay late tonite in order to file a report about the missing $100, and wouldn't be able to go home on time...

she explains as she shakes her head and looks at me in disbelief. i smiled and just realized i could have walked out of there $100 richer. i was shaking my own head in disbelief (of course i wasn't REALLY shaking my own head.. only imagining i was). a wave of relief fell over her face and i realized it was a good reflex. she probably would have had a talk with her direct manager and would be stressed out at work possibly...

she thanked me again and i left the bank. does anyone believe in karma?

2 Comments:

At 5:01 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

Good girl! I'm so proud of you! I think God was testing you. You did show that you have been raised properly!
:)

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

There would have been another solution, which could also test the idea of karma. You could have taken the $100, invested it in the Save Kevin Charity, and we could have both been happy. You for donating to a good cause, me for having an extra $100. As for the teller, well, $100 here or $100 there from a bank isn't a big deal. :)

Ok ok... you did the right thing. Yeesh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home