7.06.2008

Uh no... not again...

For those who have so faithfully ( =b ) followed my blog, you're going to laugh at this one.

I was at the gym yesterday at around 10:30pm. I had just finished my elliptical so I was ready to bulldoze through my workout so that I'd get out of there by midnite (closing time).

I was in the big boys gym and had just finished my first set of single leg squats with 20 pounds on my bosu and fitball, when...

Asian dude: (in chinese) That looks really hard! Are you not afraid of falling down?
Me (startled): (in chinglish) No, its ok...


I tried not to look at him and tried to make myself look like I was really into my workout -- which I was -- and I think he got the message. In the mirror and passing by him to grab weights, I could see he was googly-eye-ing me the entire 1.5 hours I was there!

Ugh.. how awkward.

I think he realized that I wasn't a local cause he spotted my worn out temporary Canada Flag tattoo (I've had it since July 1 when we were celebrating Canada Day in LKF), and that its absolutely RARE to see a local girl in a gym, nevermind the big boys gym... and maybe cause I was wearing proper gym clothes (not a tennis skirt outfit), and that I wasn't wearing makeup...

Are people right? Is CF really a meat market? :P

Note to self - avoid going to the gym past 10 pm :P

3 Comments:

At 1:35 AM, Blogger Yah, ok. Right. said...

ummm...I really don't believe that a different hour is going to change things. Guys like that will do that anyways if they think you're hot. (Translation: Part of their workout IS checking out chicks.)

That's why there are so many female only gyms not because girls find it so irritating and obtrusive...

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

it was awkward but really funny. i think i'm strong enough to ignore it and concentrate on my workout :) i dont need no all girls gym! :D

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

こういう日記ポーストいつも面白い (笑)
お前と一緒に運動するたびにこんなこと全然起きていなかったやろうな~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home